Look, we all have people who want to seem well-intentioned, but just keep asking (in their own way) when we’ll get a real job! Maybe they say, “Soooo…. how’s it going creating that online business you keep talking about?”
Today I’m going to address that head on, and explain how to prove your naysayers wrong!
When you’re down and troubled and you need a helping hand… and nothing, no nothing seems right at all….
Never mind. The line from Bridge Over Troubled Waters came to mind and I couldn’t resist. And now it won’t go away! Be very thankful you can’t hear me singing it right now.
Here’s the list I use to pick myself up, dust myself off and get back to work. No pity parties in this head!
When the naysayers are getting to me, and I wonder if I will ever be as successful as I want to be in my online business, I:
- Write another email
- Think up a new opt in
- Reach out to a client I’ve helped to check in and see if they need anything
- Brainstorm blog posts on all the things my ideal clients need to know
- Talk to a friend in the online space
- Revisit a course I’ve taken to reapply its principles
- Check my chip (the one I carry on my shoulder) at the door and write down what I’m grateful for
Write down all the reasons I don’t want to go back to a corporate job. How about you, what do you do to prove your naysayers wrong? And, what are their favorite things to say about you and your online business?