If I’m ever looking for a hot topic for discussion, How to Increase Email Open Rates and Engagement doesn’t disappoint.
Deliverability rates, click thru rates, email open rates. What’s important, what isn’t and how to improve the scores that matter the most.
Email is the gateway to our clients. It’s the way we communicate with them, relate to them and find out where they need help so it’s no wonder that there’s so much interest in how to improve the stats that measure what that engagement is.
What is often lost in the discussion, however, is that those rates are merely a way to measure how well we’re doing.
In and of themselves, the scores mean nothing. Too often people fixate on the numbers, but in today’s video I’ll explain what really matters and give you a few tips to improve your emails that will automatically improve the numbers you’re most worried about.
To sum it all up (get the full details in the video):
- Email deliverability may have nothing to do with your email service provider
- Open rates aren’t the best metric to watch.
- Metrics in general are for you, they don’t actually do anything.
- Start with the subject line. If you wouldn’t open the email based on the subject line, why would your reader?
- Give readers’ eyes a place to rest. Help them to skim.
- Don’t try to sound like someone you’re not!
What about you? What are your best ideas for making sure your emails are read? Have you seen a drop off in your deliverability lately? I’d love to hear about it!